• 5 ounce chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
• Italian salad dressing, to coat
• 1 12-inch flour tortilla
• Melted margarine, for coating
• 1 cup Cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup tomato, diced
• 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, diced
• Cajun seasoning, to taste
• 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
• Sour cream
• Salsa, for dipping
1. Place chicken breast in a bowl with enough Italian dressing to coat; allow to marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Grill marinated chicken until done in a lightly oiled pan. Cut into 3/4" pieces and set aside.
3. Brush one side of tortilla with margarine and place in frying pan over medium heat.
4. On one half of tortilla, add cheese, 1 tablespoon tomatoes, peppers, and Cajun seasoning (in that order). Make sure to spread to the edge of the half. Top with diced chicken, fold empty tortilla side on top, and flip over in pan so that cheese is on top of chicken.
5. Cook until very warm throughout.
6. Remove from pan to serving plate and cut into six equal wedges on one side of plate.
7. On the other side put lettuce, topped with 1/4 cup tomatoes, and then topped with sour cream.
8. Serve your favorite salsa in a small bowl on the side.
Down to the River
14 hours ago