Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lynette's Chinese Chicken Salad

Lynette A.

Okay, here is MY version of the below recipe:


The only down side to making it this way instead of using cabbage like the above recipe is that it does not last as long--the dressing will make the lettuce and the Ramen noodles soggy if you put it in the fridge overnight. When I use this at a pot luck or family function, I just don't add the noodles or the dressing until right before everyone is ready to eat. :)

Combine:
1 or 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (optional & depends on how much meat you like in your salad)
1 or 2 packages of salad (I just buy the cheapest bag that has a kind of lettuce I like in it--I think I usually get the garden blend)
1 package uncooked chicken Top Ramen noodles, broken

Dressing: Mix all ingredients and then toss with salad items

1/2 cup oil (I have used olive, olive/canola mix, and vegetable--all taste good)
3 Tbsp. vinegar (I've used regular and apple cider vinegar, & both are good)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt (optional)
1/2 tsp. pepper (optional)
Flavor packet from the chicken Top Ramen

Tastes great and super fast! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment