Tuesday, November 15, 2011

1-2-3 Easy Bread (we hand knead...even my kids can do it...no fail):

Mileka T.

makes 2 loaves

6-8 c. flour

3 c. warm water
2 tb. yeast
1 c. sugar

3 tb. powdered milk
2 tb. oil
1 tb. salt

1. mix all ingredients (except for flour)
2. add 4 c. flour, mix
3. add 1 cup of flour , knead
4. add 1/2 c. flour at a time while kneading until not sticky
5. oil pans, half bread, put in pans, cover with dish cloth
6. rise 20 min (I turn my oven on while I'm putting the bread in the pan and shut it off and put my covered bread pans to rise in the oven...nice and toasty)
7. bake @400 20 min

NOTE:
this recipe is awesome. you can add almost anything with the flour...I add it in before the flour (after step #1-mixing it in with the wet ingredients...wheat germ, flax, dried/powdered mash potato mix, vegetable puree, dry powdered vegetables, get creative!)

No comments:

Post a Comment