· 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
· 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix (Knorr or Lipton)
· 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
· 3 green onions, chopped
· ¼ cup canned peas, drained
· ½ cup Parmesan cheese
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread
1. In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise; dry vegetable soup mix, water chestnuts, green onions, peas, cheese and seasoning. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.
2. Or heat slowly on low in the microwave until bubbly
3. Remove top and interior of sourdough bread. Tear removed bread chunks into pieces for dipping.
4. Heat oven to 400°, place empty bread bow upside down on the upper rack in oven, until bread is toasted. This will keep dip from making the bread bowl a soggy mess sooner.
5. Fill with bread bowl with dip. Arrange bread chunks around bowl to serve.
6. Serve with tortilla strips also or in place of bread bowl.
1 day ago