* 8-12 fresh mushrooms
* 1 (6 ounce) can clams (drained and finely minced, save 1/4 cup of clam juice for stuffing)
* 1 green onion, finely minced
* 1 egg (beaten)
* 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
* 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
* 1 tablespoon melted butter, cooled
* 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon finely grated Romano cheese
* 2 tablespoons finely grated mozzarella cheese (for stuffing)
* 1/4 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese (for garnish)
* 1/4 cup melted butter
* fresh parsley (for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly oil a small baking dish.
3. Gently wash and stem mushrooms; pat dry (Save stems for another recipe).
4. Combine clams, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, butter and oregano in a bowl and mix well.
5. Add Italian bread crumbs, egg, clam juice, mixing well.
6. Add Parmesan, Romano, and Mozzarella cheeses to the clam stuffing and mix well.
7. Place approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of the clam stuffing mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound (You should be able to stuff between 8- 12 mushrooms depending on the size of mushrooms).
8. Place the stuffed mushrooms in slightly oiled baking dish and pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the top of the mushrooms.
9. Cover and place in oven for about 35- 40 minutes.
10. Remove cover; sprinkle the 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese on top and pop back in oven just so the cheese melts slightly.
11. Garnish with freshly diced parsley.
12. Serve hot.
We found snow!
16 hours ago