1. A pumpkin is:
A. A vegetable
B. A protein
C. A noodle
D. A fruit
2. The largest pumpkin ever grown was:
A. 800 pounds
B. 1200 pounds
C. 525 pounds
D. 1502 pounds
E. 1446 pounds
3. When is the best time of year to plant a pumpkin seed?
A. End September/ beginning of October
B. End of May/ beginning of June
C. End of April/ beginning of May
D. End of January/ beginning of February
4. Pumpkins will grow in every country except:
A. South America
5. What is the percentage of water in a pumpkin?
6. Which state grows the most pumpkins?
7. What were pumpkins once recommended for?
A. Removal of Freckles
C. Curing snake bites
E. Both A and C
F. Both B and D
8. What colors are pumpkins available in?
H. All of the above
I. Orange, white and green
9. Which country did the tradition of carving pumpkins come from?
10. Where did the term "pumpkin head" come from in colonial times?
A. The pumpkin meat was placed on the forehead of a sick person to draw out the fever.
B. During Halloween they had pumpkin look alike contests.
C. Pumpkin halves were used as guides for haircuts in colonial times.
D. It meant they were empty headed, referring to the hollow sound made when tapping a pumpkin.
11. Native American Indians used pumpkin for?
B. Food and medicine
C. Food, medicine and mats
12. How big was the largest Jack O Lantern carving?
A. 1,469 pounds
B. 1,234 pounds
C. 820 pounds
13. How did the pumpkin pie originate?
A. Someone accidentally poured cinnamon instead of chili powder into a pumpkin that was roasting.
B. As a dessert, colonists would hollow out a pumpkin and fill it with milk, spices and honey and then roast on hot ashes.
C. Back in colony times, a person entertaining filled a pie crust with roasted pumpkin when they realized they were out of apple pie filling.
14. In the nursery rhyme peter, peter pumpkin eater, what couldn't peter do?
A. couldn't eat no lean
B. couldn't keep his wife
C. couldn't eat anything but pumpkin
15. How fast is the fastest documented pumpkin carving?
A. 45.23 seconds
B. 24.03 seconds
C. 8.5 seconds
February in AZ
15 hours ago