Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken

Make Ahead Meal Idea





2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
½ cup white sugar 
½ cup vinegar 
3 garlic cloves, minced 
2 Tablespoons soy sauce 
½ cup of pineapple juice (use what’s in the can) 
½ can of large pineapple chunks
Add all the ingredients to the bag. Label. Cook 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Serve it over rice and enjoy. While I am cooking the rice I like to shred the chicken and put it back in the juice before I serve it. 
I have also made up "minute rice" while I was putting together my freezer bags. I take out a family sized portion of the cooked rice and place it into a zipper bag, press it flat and freeze it with the bag of chicken mixture.  Just vent the bag of rice and microwave to reheat, then transfer to a serving bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment