Friday, May 1, 2009

Basic Pancakes

Amy D.

This is my basic recipe and then I doctor it up with fruit or squash.

2 cups wheat flour
1 cup white flour
6 Tbs baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
1 cup dry milk

I usually combine this the night before.
In the morning, I stir in the wet ingredients, taking care to not stir too much or they pancakes become tough and flat.

3 cups water and 4 medium smashed soft bananas OR 15 oz. can pumpkin puree OR 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree.

I add 6 Tablespoons of oil ONLY if I didn’t use bananas or pumpkin. If I use the fruit, it doesn’t need any added oil.

Sometimes I add cinnamon to the batch, but, only if we aren’t having cinnamon applesauce for topping the pancakes.

If we’re not having anything to top the pancakes, I toss chocolate chips or cinnamon chips on the pancakes before they’re flipped.

Cook on griddle like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment