This takes 9 hours to over night, so plan ahead. It's so worth it!!
4 cups water
2 pounds ground chuck, crumbled
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 large bay leaf
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
1. Bring water to boil in a 4-6 quart pot.
2. Add the ground chuck (do not brown first).
3. Stir until separated and reduce heat to simmer.
4. Add onions, garlic, tomato sauce, cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Stir to mix well.
6. Add peppercorns, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and grated unsweetened chocolate.
7. Bring back to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 2 1/2 hours cooking time in all.
8. Cool uncovered and refrigerate overnight.
9. Skim all or most of the fat and discard. Discard bay leaf.
Please do not disturb
15 hours ago