* 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
* 2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
* 2 tablespoon(s) ground ginger
* 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
* 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon(s) salt
* 1 cup(s) sugar
* 3/4 cup(s) trans-fat free vegetable oil spread (60% to 70% oil)
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup(s) dark molasses
* Round white sprinkles (Nonpareils) (optional)
1. In medium bowl, whisk both flours, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until blended.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat sugar and oil spread until blended. On high speed, beat until light and creamy, scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in eggs and molasses. On low speed, blend in flour mixture. Cover dough and refrigerate until easier to handle (dough will be sticky), 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With greased hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip tops of balls in sprinkles (nonpareils); place, 2 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake cookies until tops are slightly cracked, 9 to 11 minutes. (Cookies will be very soft.) Cool cookies on cookie sheets 1 minute. With metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or in freezer up to 1 month.
Welcome Summer 2017
14 hours ago