1 cup flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
1-teaspoon allspice or cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine (or shortening)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup applesauce
1 cup raisins (chocolate covered)
1. Heat oven to 375º F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt; set aside.
3. Beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
4. Stir in dry ingredients.
5. Stir in oatmeal, applesauce, and raisins; mix well.
6. Drop dough onto greased baking sheets. (Makes about 2 dozen.)
7. Bake 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
8. Remove from sheets and cool on rack.
Southern Pineapple Cake
1 day ago