2 cups of your favorite white rice
1 clove of garlic
3 cups and 1/2 chicken broth
1 Fresh Red Tomato
1 or 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
1/2 cup cooked carrots.
Small bunch fresh cilantro; more if you like
1 Serrano chile (for spicy) or 1/2 bell pepper (for non-spicy)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Dice the tomato and the onion, prepare your chicken broth; boil and dice your carrots
2. Using a food processor, blend together the chicken broth, the onion, garlic, tomato paste, oil and tomato dice until evenly liquefied.
3. Pour the tomato liquid in your favorite rice cooking pot; add to this the uncooked rice
4. Add chili and cilantro to the rice. Bring this to a boil, uncovered over high heat setting,
5. Cover the pot and cook the rice over low heat for 25 minutes or until done. Do not open the pot until done!
6. If it looks like the liquid is all gone from the pot before the end, add 1/2 cup broth more.
7. Once the rice is cooked, mix in the diced carrots; serve with some cilantro leaves over the rice as garnish.
Week Recap: The 7 of us
12 hours ago