3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white onions, minced
1/2 cup zucchini
1/2 cup frozen green beans, Italian-cut
1/4 cup celery, minced
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
30 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained
30 ounces canned white beans, drained
14 ounces diced tomatoes, canned
1/2 cup carrots, julienned or shredded
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups hot water
4 cups fresh spinach, small leaves
1/2 cup shell pasta
1. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
2. Sauté onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
3. Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
4. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat, allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Makes eight 1 1/2 cup servings.