This recipe makes a nice, light dinner for a night you might not be up to cooking or eating a hearty meal. It's also versatile in that just about any vegetable can be put into the pot. Use either leftover, frozen or fresh veggies. It freezes nicely, so take out large and small freezer-safe containers and pack up the soup for lunch- and dinner-size portions. Freeze and serve whenever you want a deliciously light meal.
And if you happen to have leftover "meat" in the fridge or freezer (chicken, roast, ground beef) you can add it during the last hour of cooking to heat through, if you don't want a "veggie" meal.
* 3 (14-oz.) cans chicken or vegetable broth
* 1 (29-oz.) can tomato purée
* 1 cup water
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 (1-lb.) bag frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 cup frozen corn
* 1 cup frozen green beans
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 (15.8-oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained
* 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tsp. coarse-ground black pepper
* 1 tsp. minced garlic
1. Put all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
17 hours ago