I make this for friends who've just had babies and for our family all the time. It's super easy and so yummy. You can also add ground meat (beef, chicken or pork) with the spinach if you want something different.
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
* 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
* 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
* 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 (8-ounce) package manicotti (14 shells)
* 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
* Cooking spray
* 1 cup water
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a medium bowl. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each uncooked manicotti. Pour half of tomato-basil pasta sauce into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer over sauce, and top with the remaining sauce. Pour 1 cup water into dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over sauce. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until shells are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The work moves on!
5 hours ago