Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Polynesian Pasta Salad

I just celebrated 3200+ on the Facebook support page  with a Pasta Salad Party. 
I have been wanting to make a good old fashioned Polynesian pasta salad for the longest time.

SO I set out to make one, I looked up TONS of recipes and put together the bits and pieces that I wanted to have in my salad, and that sounded good to me. Here ya go...
.
I served mine with Kalua Pork , and good sticky white rice.



2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
5 ounces baby peas, thawed
3/4 c mayonnaise
1 TBS vinegar
1 TBS white sugar
1 TBS milk
1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 med carrot, peel and shredded
4 green onions, thinly sliced

Cook macaroni for 10 minutes in salty, boiling water, drain, and rinse with cold water.
While pasta is boiling combine the rest of the ingredients in a salad bowl.
Add pasta and toss well. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to over night be for stirring and serving.
Check to see if seasonings need to be adjusted. I added a little more salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment