Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Giant Star 4 Ingredient Nutella Cookie


I decided to take the recipe and double it from Manila Spoon that she posted yesterday and make a giant cookie with some candy canes I have for the candy trays lol and since the little princess said she wanted stars that is what she got on the giant cookie. I had to melt the Chocolate Chips for this one though since I was going to put the peppermint candy on top. I pressed the dough down into the glass baking dish to make it even all the way around. I baked the cookie for 10 minutes on 375 degrees (F) for 10 minutes took it out and placed a star cookie cutter down into the actual cookie dough which is still soft at this point and then just took the candy cane sprinkles and sprinkled them down into the star and repeated this process three times. I placed the cookie back into the oven and lowered the heat to 350 degrees (F) and baked the cookie an additional 5 minutes or until the cookie started to set.
Share and don’t eat the entire cookie all by yourself : )

Manila Spoon’s Recipe: 4 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup Nutella
1 egg
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Nutella, flour and egg.
Using a wooden spoon, mix until the dough comes together and no flour lumps remain.
Stir in chocolate chips until they are all incorporated into the dough.
For the next step, I used a rounded tablespoon to help shape the cookies into dough balls. It's actually a rounded measuring tablespoon for a tea pot so it's slightly larger than your usual measuring spoon but the latter should work well too. I managed to make about 18 dough balls.

Place the cookie balls on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. I pressed the cookie balls slightly to flatten them a little bit. I think I will just leave them rounded next time. If you want perfectly rounded edges on your cookies, then smooth out the cracks on the cookies. I wasn't bothered so I just left it as is, cracks and all!
Bake for about 10 minutes. Cookies would still be slightly soft but that's fine. Leave in the cookie sheet for about 3-4 minutes or until it has hardened just a little bit to make it easier to transfer to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack until completely set.
Enjoy the cookies while still warm-ish and the choco chips are still soft and quite meltingly tender. Or serve it after it has totally cooled too - the cookies still retain their yummy chewiness! Chocolate perfection defined!

1 comment: